Sign In to join the community | Help
Appliances

How to troubleshoot my hampton bay receiver switch

My southwind 52inch ceiling fan model 203260908 made a popping noise today and now the light will not turn off from the remote control. It will only dim and control the fan. I am guessing it is the receiver. It is less than 6 months old and I emailed customer service and they just told me to contact hampton bay. I am disabled and this has been very difficult to deal with. Is there an easy fix for this?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-07-26T02:57:55+0000  by axxel6307 axxel6307

Hey axxel6307,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community.

From the issues you are having with your remote control, I agree that it is the receiver that is the culprit.

There's really no troubleshooting for a receiver, just replacement.

For the Hampton Bay Southwind ceiling fan, the receiver is in the canopy above the motor housing. 

If you cannot replace/wire it yourself, you can luckily purchase a replacement remote control receiver and transmitter together. You can then hire us or a local electrician who can easily replace it for you.

Since this is a pretty straight-forward replacement, you luckily don't have to take the fan completely down. This will save time and money on up front labor costs....if someone does the work for you.

Your local Home Depot sells universal remote controls for your ceiling fan, most are under $30 and has everything you need in it save for the tools to get yourself a new working remote for your fan.

Hampton Bay Southwind 52 in. Venetian Bronze Ceiling Fan

Let us know if you have any further questions,

Joseph 

Posted 2016-07-26T13:40:07+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL
Hello axxel6307.

Your ceiling fan comes with a lifetime motor warranty and a 1 year warranty on other parts.  As such contacting the Hampton Bay customer service team might well save you some money.  You can reach them here:

Chris.

Posted 2016-07-26T16:18:20+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+