Sign In to join the community | Help
Flooring

How to use a RUBI Practic-21" tile cutter

I was given a new Rubi Practic-21" tile cutter   I checked on the reviews and it looks like it is difficult to work with.  Any pointers.  I am needing to cut ceramic, porcelain & glass tile for small bathroom.  Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you

Susan

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-01-21T21:03:23+0000  by SUSANGUIHER SUSANGUIHER

Hi Susan,

Thank you for your question and welcome to our community.

The RUBI Practic-21” tile cutter is actually very simple and easy to use.  You first step is to find the area on your piece of tile that you want to cut.  The second step is to score the tile with the handy tungsten carbide blade this unit has.

If you have never done this before, you may want to practice on some junk tile first, just to get used to scoring the tile with the RUBI Practic-21” tile cutter.

When you are ready to try cutting your tile for real, simply place the tile on the tile cutter and score the surface of the tile or glass tile by sliding the tungsten blade across the surface to be cut by putting tight pressure on the cutting tool and use the handle to push the blade across the tile.

Once the tile has been scored, it is a simple matter of pressing down on the handle and cutting the tile.  The same procedure applies to the glass tile as well.  Our Mike Duchaine has a great video on how to cut tile with the RUBI Practic-21 tile cutter.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Posted 2014-01-21T23:25:16+0000  by Rick_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+