Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Hunter Ceiling Fan - light works, fan does not

I just purchased and installed two ceiling fans, both Hunter Landry model 52077 (H151 52P4) item #740-829. First one went up easily and works beautifully. Second one light works but fan doesn't. Light and fan are controlled buy separate wall switches. Fan speed is controlled by pull chain. I can feel/hear a hum when pulling chain through the three speeds. When I pull chain to off position or switch off at wall, hum stops. I installed the fan EXACTLY as the one I took down was installed (it worked but was old & wobbly). I've checked and rechecked wiring. Any ideas why it's not working?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-07-28T23:15:10+0000  by DIYmom44 DIYmom44

Hey DIYmom44,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the community!

Just to make sure we are referring to the same Hunter Landry 52" ceiling fan, shown below.

One culprit that could be the problem of your ceiling fan is the capacitor of your second ceiling fan. This is the part that regulates the amount of current to give the fan motor its correct speed.

My suggestion would be to contact Hunter directly at 1-888-830-1326  and speak to a representative who can order you a replacement part  and answer any further questions you may have.

We haven't sold capacitors in our stores in a very long time, so it is imperative you contact Hunter first so you can get the right solution for your ceiling fan.

Let us know if you have any further questions, and I hope this has assisted you.

Joseph

Posted 2014-04-16T11:51:33+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+