Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

Hunter ceiling fan parts

I have a Hunter ceiling fan purchased in 2001 at HD.  THe label on the top says its vendor# 654033 and UPC# 043263127422.  I cant quite make out the model #, but it's something like HCA 85V-JDA.

THis fan has an upper light the circles the fan motor (low power, night light type) and a lower light kit.  THe pull chain for the lower light swich has broken off inside the switch assembly.  I could probably solder in a new switch, but that would mean taking the whole thing down.  I'd rather just replace the loer light kit.

Any idea if these can still be had anywhere?

If not, I'd love to find another fan with the same configuration ( a low-light light and a regular, higher intensity light). I'd like to keep it int he Hunter line, if possible.

Thanks.

Jim

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-03-08T22:42:36+0000  by jc_hering jc_hering

Hey jc_hering,

Thanks for joining us here on the community, welcome!

I ran the numbers you gave us at Hunter's website at www.hunterfan.com but couldn't come up with any results.

Depending on what you'd wish to do, you have 2 options regarding fixing your fan.

1. Fixing the light kit switch. This option is actually easier than you think. As long as you cut off the power to your ceiling fan, and can access the light kit (you don't have to take down the fan), the switch can typically be removed and a new one can be put in its place.

Westinghouse Ceiling Fan Light Switch

We sell these switches in our lighting department and are a lot less expensive than replacing an entire fixture, if that is the only issue with your fan). Simply replace what you have now, and you can keep the entire fan you have.

2. Replacing the light with another light or fan. While this option is good if your fan motor is on the fritz or you simply want an entire update, replacing the light kit with the exact same one will be a tall order due to its age.

Luckily, we at Home Depot sell a few Hunter and our in -house brand Hampton Bay brand that are universal fits for most ceiling fans out there. As long as you have a bottom cap on your fan now, you can replace the old light kit with a new one.

If you do decide to just replace the light kit, you'll still need to disassemble your old one so the new one can go on. Usually, a threaded rod secured with a locknut holds attached the light kit to the rest of the fan.

Lastly, if you simply want an entire replacement, you can contact Hunter Fans directly at:

1-888-830-1326
Monday – Friday 8am – 6pm CST
Saturday 11am – 4pm CST

Be aware though, that since this fan is over 11 years old, it maybe better for you to check other external buying and selling sites to see who has any available to purchase.

I hope this information has been useful to you, and let us know your next step in getting your fan's lights back up and running again.

Posted 2013-03-09T18:28:13+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+