Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

Hydrangea...Endless Summer Love Affair!

My first serious encounter with Hydrangeas was on the island of Martha’s Vineyard, Cape Cod Massachusetts. I was about 10 years old and oblivious until that time, of the existence of these amazing shrubs.....It was love at first sight!

The deep blue, globe, mop heads, of the cape loving shrubs were unforgettable! They lined walkways, encircled trees and skirted the foundations of the gothic, gingerbread cottages.  The vision is still fresh in my mind today.

The old-fashioned, big leaf Hydrangeas, such as Nikko Blue, and the lovely variegated-leaf lace cap, that grace the cape and islands have their bloom-time. They bloom on old wood, so pruning and shaping are done while in, or shortly after bloom time. They bloom mid-summer, it is a festival of brilliant color….but then sadly they are done till next year

My enjoyment and appreciation for hydrangeas is endless. I love to see them dried in wreaths, or used in bridal bouquet, they are, I believe, to be the most romantic of all flowers, ever!

The Endless Summer Hydrangea is amazing! It is just that, endless, it has been hybridized to bloom continually through-out the season! It blooms on old or new growth. It is disease and pest resistant, and the color can be altered by the acidity of the soil. 

The Endless Summer Hydrangea is hardy in zones 4-9, it thrives in shade to part sun. You need to, you must, invest in one or more, of these wonderful, giving shrubs! 

The blooms are endless and your enjoyment is limitless! Stop by your local Home Depot Garden Center; pick up an Endless Summer Hydrangea today, and start your love affair

Other Related Articles:

Why Your Hydrangeas Aren't Blooming

Bloomstruck Hydrangeas

Types of Hydrangeas

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-05-17T15:07:50+0000  by Maureen_HD_BOS Maureen_HD_BOS

I'm in an area where there are lots of deer roaming. Are these deer resistant?
Posted 2012-06-03T18:26:11+0000  by CarlinaMom

Greetings CarlinaMom!

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!....Yes! One of the many features of the, Endless Summer Hydrangea, is that it is, deer resistant! But, in extreme cold it has been known to be a snack food for passing deers. I believe it to be worth the chance!  Try planting some dwarf English, or winter gem boxwood along with your Endless Summer Hydrangea, this will help to deter the deer too. It will also keep its leaves all winter while the hydrangea is dormant! Good luck, I hope you give the Endless Summer hydrangea series a try, I am sure they will not disappoint you. Please let me know how you are growing..... I look forward to hearing from you!

Posted 2012-06-05T13:10:59+0000  by Maureen_HD_BOS
Take a look at this article on "Types of Hydrangeas". It will give you tips on pruning all different hydrangeas and growing tips.
Posted 2016-05-08T17:34:50+0000  by Ingar_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+