Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

I am painting my bedroom ceiling white. What type of finish should I use?

I am painting my bedroom ceiling white. What type of finish should I use?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-05-18T19:31:44+0000  by apr85 apr85

Hello apr85,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

To paint your ceiling, simply use an interior ceiling paint! We carry these in various brands in our paint department at your local store. Ceiling paints differ than walls paints, due to their thicker consistency (which means it won't splatter as much on you!) and quick drying time.

1-Gal. Flat Interior Ceiling Paint1-Gal. Flat Ceiling Paint

As long as your ceiling is clean and free of stains, you can apply the ceiling paint directly over it. Make sure to buy the proper accessories, like drop cloths to complete your paint job. If you have rough or a textured ceiling, using a thicker 3/4" nap roller will greatly assist you in getting the paint up once and for all.

Once you buy the ceiling paint  and the right accessories, you'll have a new coat and a new look for your ceiling in no time at all!

Let us know if this has assisted you, and please come back if you have any additional questions.

Cheers,
Joseph

Posted 2013-05-18T20:19:08+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

apr35,

All paints that are called "ceiling white" are dead flat  with absolutely no shine.If you should want some sheen on the ceiling, any off the Behr or Glidden interior housepaints may be used on the ceiling. However, if you are going over a flat paint on the ceiling, it is very likely that two coats will be necceassry to achieve a uniform sheen. Ceilings are very unforgiving about showing up irregular sheen.

I would caution that there is a great deal of variance in the whiteness of ceiling paints. Many are very gray. If you have light or pastel colors on the walls, these gray ceiling whites look very bad. The BEHR Ceiling White, however, is a very pure, bright white and would look best when the walls are very light colored.

Posted 2013-05-19T03:17:57+0000  by ordjen

apr35,

All paints that are called "ceiling white" are dead flat  with absolutely no shine.  If you should want some sheen on the ceiling, any off the Behr or Glidden interior housepaints may be used on the ceiling. However, if you are going over a flat paint on the ceiling, it is very likely that two coats will be neccessary to achieve a uniform sheen. Ceilings are very unforgiving about showing up irregular sheen.

I would caution that there is a great deal of variance in the whiteness of ceiling paints. Many are very gray. If you have light or pastel colors on the walls, these gray ceiling whites look very bad. The BEHR Ceiling White, however, is a very pure, bright white and would look best when the walls are very light colored.

Posted 2013-05-19T03:19:07+0000  by ordjen

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+