Sign In to join the community | Help
Appliances

I am wanting to try and replace my old elements in my infrared quartz space heater.

I am wanting to try and replace my old elements in my infrared quartz space heater. It's about 4 years old and still works but just not putting out high temps anymore to make it worth the cost of running it. Just wondering if this is something that's done regularly or should I even attempt it. Might not be worth the effort. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.Thanks

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-01-04T21:43:09+0000  by rpol55 rpol55

Hey rpol55,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

I can't say that I've ever heard, let alone see, anyone ever attempt to open any fan-forced, infrared, or radiant electric space heater. Typically, almost all parts are welded, soldered, or fused during assembly...making repair on it next to impossible.

As you can see, there really aren't any removable parts or pieces that can be dissassembled by way of screws.

Not only the time spent on it, it honestly would be cheaper and safer simply to buy a new one. While you could get a local repair shop near you, I'd almost guarantee you they would say the same thing.

I've sold electric heaters here at Home Depot and at a job very similar to this before for a long time, and I've never seen replacement parts for an electric space heater. That's not to say you could contact the manufacturer, but its honestly better just to get another unit if your is failing on you.

Please let me know if you have any further questions,

Joseph

Posted 2014-01-04T21:55:11+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+