Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan model AG-577. It has begun to making a rubbing sounds as it rotate

I have a Hampton Bay ceiling fan model AG-577.  It has begun to making a rubbing sounds as it rotates, and it won't even move on the lowest setting.  I suspect that a bearing has gone bad.  Does anyone know if this is fixable?  What about a warranty?  It's more than a year old.  Am I just out of luck?

Thanks,

Andy

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-10-19T15:45:38+0000  by AndyW5 AndyW5

Good afternoon Andy,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

Unfortunately for almost all fans out there today, is that the bearings and components inside the fan motor are self-sealed. Even if you could open the housing, its a very good chance it will be impossible to mend and fix it as it was again.

With that said, your Hampton Bay fan could still have a warranty on the motor. Their customer service line isn't open on weekends, but since you already have the model number, that is a big plus. This would really be the solution to getting to the bottom of your fans issue.

Call them on the weekdays at your earliest convenience to see about replacement or just troubleshooting.

1011_15_HamptonBay_CustServ_.jpg

Let us know if this has assisted you, and please update us as soon as possible.

Joseph

Posted 2013-10-19T16:46:44+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+