Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

I have a Hampton Bays Midili ceiling fan that is not working.

The unit worked fine for a few months.  Then the fan started to turn on even though I had set the remote to the fan off position.  The remote works the light on and off and can change the speed of the fan, but will not turn the fan off completely.  To do that I have to shut the power switch to the unit which means I cannot use the light - since the unit is located on an outside porch this will be a real pain when the weather gets cold.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-10-03T20:00:19+0000  by Habes Habes

Hello Habes and thank you for joining The Community. We are glad that you are here. 

The Hampton Bay Midili 44 in. Indoor Brushed Nickel Ceiling Fan is beautiful.  I am concerned that you may have installed an indoor rated ceiling fan on an outdoor porch.  Is the porch enclosed and climate controlled?  There may be some issues with humidity and temperature changes that may be affecting the ceiling fan. 

Please contact the Hampton Bay teamat 1-877-527-0313 and select option 2.  They can help you diagnose the problems and get your ceiling fan working properly again.  Be sure to provide the Store SKU # 903913 and Model # 68044 (Internet # 100630845).   

Best wishes on your project. 

Eileen logo.png

Posted 2013-10-04T14:14:38+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+