Sign In to join the community | Help
Kitchen

I have laminate kitchen cabinet doors, reface or paint?

I have off white laminate with wood trim kitchen cabinet doors, not sure if I should repaint them or reface? I need to change the countertops and sink as well. I am on a budget.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-02-06T18:07:19+0000  by ehubly ehubly

Hello ehubly and thank you for your question.

You have several options available to create a new look in your kitchen. 

(1) Refacing: You can replace the doors and drawers and finish off the frames with a veneer.  You can do it yourself – go to the store and speak to a Kitchen Designer for information about measuring and ordering – or schedule a free in-home estimate to have our Home Services team do it for you.

(2) Repainting: Check out Rustoleum Cabinet Transformations, which can be done in a weekend as a do-it-yourself project

When you want to change out the countertops, consider purchasing a laminate countertop.  There are several available in-stock or speak to a kitchen designer about ordering a top from literally hundreds of styles available.  Some laminate countertops look like granite and other stones at a fraction of the cost of the real material.  This project can be completed with an intermediate skill set.

As for the sink, consider a sink in a box!  The Glacier Bay All-In-One Kitchen Sinks include the faucet, drain, and pre-drilled holes for easy installation. 

Some other considerations:

* will you need a garbage disposer?

* will you change out the hardware (knobs and pulls)?

* will you install a new backsplash?

* will you add undercabinet lighting?

There are a dozen ways to update your kitchen in this post.  Please keep us posted on your progress and best wishes on your project,  

Posted 2014-04-22T13:44:40+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+