Sign In to join the community | Help
Decor

I have some stickers on wall, how do I seal them in place

I recently put some decorative stickers above my front door, about 8 feet up, they are coming unstuck, how do I get them to stick permanently, they are high up too, do I use some type of extended roller, and what can I (paint?)on them to stick them on

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-11-02T03:06:44+0000  by amyjoy amyjoy

Hey amyjoy,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

If the stickers are on the outside part of the front door, most adhesives we carry are for interior use. I'd wager that the stickers themselves aren't UV and weather resistant either, which could explain why they are failing to stick properly.

However, if they are on the inside part of your door, you can use spray adhesives that work very well. We also carry various forms of contact cement that can be rolled on. If you do have access to a ladder, the spray adhesive can save you on materials and time, since you can get the right amount of adhesive in a small area.

The only adhesive we really carry that can be applied via a roller is contact cement. You will need to use a roller that is rated for rolling adhesive. It is shown below, and you can click on the image for more information.

Use the roller/contact cement ONLY if it is being used indoors, alongside an extension painting pole.. Over time, most glues like this will fail due to extreme temperature changes since they aren't rated for exterior use.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions,

Joseph

Posted 2013-11-02T14:04:04+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+