Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

I have spent a small fortune on paint samples and Home Depot is still not able to get the paint matched. It is always two shades or more off.

Is there a better way to get an actual swatch with real paint?  I have spent a small fortune at Home Depot on sample jars and Home Depot's color match technology just can't seem to get it right.  It is always two or more shades off.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-10-11T13:59:53+0000  by Chach Chach

Hello Chach, and welcome to the Community!

I'm sorry you're having problems getting an exact match, have to tried going to another Home Depot paint department (different location)? Each store must calibrate their own machine that does the color scan, if your current store is off by one or two shades, I think it's time to search other stores for a comparison. 

Angelo
Posted 2018-10-11T15:43:54+0000  by Angelo_HD_CHI
Your Home Depot samples ARE "real paint". The color matching machines normally do q good job. They occasionally need to be "tweaked" a little. To be tweaked "by eye", an associate will need  a fairly large sample with which to compare his/her adjustments.

If you are trying to get touch up paint, your goal is a lot harder than just trying to get a reasonably close paint to re-coat the whole room  Even if you had the exact same paint that was originally in your room, there is no guarantee that it would match after several years, both as to color and sheen.

The ultimate touch up is to get as close as possible to the color and do an entire wall or section, stopping at inside or outside corners. Minor color/sheen variations will not show if broken off at the corners.
Posted 2018-10-13T02:35:37+0000  by ordjen

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+