Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

I need a 9 foot down rod tube to hang a fan,how can this be done.thank you

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-06-08T14:01:03+0000  by rondo1 rondo1

Hey rondo1,


Thanks for your question and welcome to the community.


To my knowledge, the longest length that we (and most places) carry for dowrods is 72" long. Most homes don't have the need for longer lengths, hence us not having a 9 foot downrod.


This is the same for our special ordering for downrods; they only go as high as 72" in length.


That's not to say you can find a downrod in that length from somewhere else or make your own. If you do make your own, you will need to find it in a 3/4" diameter (the industry standard diameter for downrods) pipe and cut it or find it in a 9 foot length.


While I would only do this as a backup plan, see what you can find via ordering it through a dealer or an internet search.


I hope this has assisted you, and let us know if you have any further questions.



Posted 2013-06-08T15:01:54+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

You'll need a custom downrod.  The other thing you need to consider is the length of the leads you have on the fan.  You'll probably need to special order a fan or extend them in some approved way.

Posted 2013-06-09T14:29:35+0000  by Adam444
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question