Sign In to join the community | Help
Building Materials

I need something to support my bed, but I don't want to buy bed slats for $50.

I need something to support my bed, but I don't want to buy bed slats for $50. I have an unsupported bedframe and no box springs. The bed slats that match my bed are anywhere from $50-80, which I would rather not spend. What kind of material should I use and does it have to all be one big piece? My car is little and I'm not sure how I would get it home.

Thanks,

Nicki

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-01-29T02:18:56+0000  by nyoung27 nyoung27

Hello nyoung27 and welcome to the Community.

Slats for bed are usually made from a 1x4 #2 pine or 1x6 #2 pine or a sheet of plywood

aa576f48-d651-4fd1-bc3e-4d7b92186e4a_65.jpg                            ae262dfb-de1e-4125-ad8d-15375631201e_300.jpg

I can’t give an exact recommendation on the thickness of plywood without knowing more particulars about how your frame is designed but probably 5/8” or ¾” will do.  A Home Depot Associate will cut to the size you need, whichever you choose. 

Make sure you measure length and width needed to fit frame.  If possible bring a picture of the bed frame with you to the store and they can help you decide the best choose.

If you have more questions please send me a note or picture.

Charlotte

__________________________________________________________________________________

I am a Home Depot Associate trained and authorized to help people on the internet.

Posted 2014-01-30T19:07:36+0000  by Char_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+