Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

I need to remove the harps from two old vintage lamps.

I would like to use shades that have the larger circles at the top not the harp with the small finial..what should I purchase to do this? Thanks. Karen

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-12-31T23:25:52+0000  by celiepup celiepup

Hi Karen,


Thank you and welcome to the community!


Typically, lamp harps are removed near the socket of the bulb by 2 pieces of the harp frame that bend closer to the socket. You may have to slide up 'covers' that hide the actual ends of the harp near the socket. These slide off, giving you the chance to change out the entire harp for another.

Once you do this and you remove the finial from the shade, you can now put a new harp on your fan. Simply choose a harp that will work for the new shade you wish.


Almost all lamp harps out there are universal, its the frame itself and where it meets the finial that can be different.


Let me know if you have any additional questions,


Posted 2014-01-02T21:21:56+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question