Sign In to join the community | Help
Storage & Organization

I want to install shelve for shoes in 12 inch wide closet.

I need a help to find material and way to install multiple shelves in our 12'' wide 60'' hight closet.

Can someone provide any help?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-01-02T19:57:54+0000  by Attar Attar

Hey Attar,

Thank you for your question and welcome to the community!

One option for your not-so-wide closet is to use either wood melamine shelves or wire ventilated shelves. The choices are up to you, but the ventilated wire shelves on a track system can be installed at a slight angle so you can see your shoes better.

Shown below, this system works great for shoe storage in a small space such as yours.

This shelf and the shoe rack brackets must go on a track system in order for it to be angled properly. As stated before, the shelf will tilt toward slightly, allowing you to see and grab the shoes easier than if they were perfectly level.

While white melamine (slick cabinet-like finish) shelves can work, the wire ventilated shelves just described give you more options and maneuverability. Come into your local Home Depot's shelving aisle to see both options.

The ventilated shelving maybe more money up front, it will give you a better solution for your shoe storage.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions,

Joseph

Posted 2014-01-02T20:23:34+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL
Hello Again Attar!

The rack that Joe recommends is great for your application.

One consideration not discussed in your thread is supporting the weight of your shoe rack.

Racking mounted directly to Sheetrock can become a hazard if the anchor points weaken over time.

Make certain to locate the wall studs behind the Sheetrock and secure your shoe rack supports to the wooden wall frame with screws.

Two and one-half inch pan head screws should be long enough to secure the shoe rack through the Sheetrock.

A stud finder will help you locate and mark the wall studs.
Posted 2014-09-18T17:20:02+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+