Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

If I got a paint that is almost white and I want it grey can they add In more grey to the paint

I bought paint and it looked grey but know it looks white in my walls and I need it to be just a bit darker than what it is. So can they add in more grey to the paint I already had that is pretty much white.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-07-15T21:10:48+0000  by Older Older

Hey Older,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community.

Depending on what type of paint and what type of grey color you'd like will determine if you can add some black to it to make it darker.

The main issue is that you've already used some or most of the existing paint. Any tinted paint will require you to have the corresponding tint mixing base in a full gallon. 

In other words, if you add tint to your existing level of paint now, there's a very good chance the pigments won't mix properly, leaving you with drying problems and inconsistency if and when you need another gallon. Any tinted paint must have these requirements, and adding pigment to a low level of paint will give you results that would be worse than when you started. 

So your best option would be to choose another darker paint, but this time in a full gallon so you can get the correct mix and results from your paint. 

Let us know if you have any further questions,

Joseph

Posted 2018-07-16T16:31:23+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+