Sign In to join the community | Help
Lumber & Composites

If I purchase wood for delivery, will they cut it before delivery?

I am hoping to get a few 2"x8"x12' boards and have them cut to 6' long each. Would Home Depot cut them for me prior to delivery? I know they do it in store but they don't have what i want in stock in their local store.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-05-30T21:57:39+0000  by jll387 jll387

Hello jll387 and welcome to the Community.

Contact the Contractors sales desk at your local Home Depot.  The sales person should be able to include cutting instructions for your lumber.  Home Depot will make a few cuts free of charge but if you require a large number of cuts, there may be a nominal cutting fee. 

Thank you for your inquiry and for shopping at the Home Depot.

Charlotte
Posted 2018-05-31T12:30:32+0000  by Char_HD_CHI
Hi jill387,

Cutting a few pieces is no problem, however the delivery fee will be expensive. We charge $79.00 for delivery, so I would recommend renting our Load and Go truck and haul them home yourself. The Load and Go truck is $19.95 for 75 minutes, much less expensive than $79.00 and you'll get them home sooner.

Just visit the store, select the wood you want have it cut and then see the pro desk, pay for the wood and rent the truck. We will load it for you. Once you get home you can unload the wood one piece at a time.

Mike
Posted 2018-05-31T18:29:16+0000  by Mike_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+