Sign In to join the community | Help
Outdoors

If I put envirotiles on my uncovered concrete slab porch, will it grow mold with the rains?

If I put envirotiles on my uncovered concrete slab porch, will it grow mold with the rains?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-08-08T16:20:31+0000  by nstevens nstevens

Howdy nstevens,

Envirotile is used to renew the look of a space such as a balcony, patio, deck, playgrounds, sheds, etc. The concern of “will mold grow when it rains” is a valid question and one that gets asked occasionally. It depends on whether the area ever gets sun or not and if it is covered, on a slope, and is it on the north side of the home.

There are clips used to hold the tiles in place and this puts a thin gap between the surface and the tiles. This is not felt when walking, however still makes a space which allows most moisture to escape. Another plus is because rubber is not an organic material; it will not soak up the water either.

Even so, if the area does not ever get sun, it is possible for mold to grow under the clips but not cause any problems. As of yet, I have not seen this as a problem in any places it’s been used.

Happy Tiling,

Coach Dave

Posted 2015-08-10T18:50:43+0000  by Dave_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+