Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

Install/Replace Skylight

Hello all,

I have an existing skylight in my master bathroom I need to replace. I purchased the Velux 22.5 x 46.5 fixed curb mounted slylight and flashing kit from Home Depot. I also need some drywall replaced, approximately 32 sq ft. I was quoted $500 (for labor only) to do the whole job. Does this seem reasonnable?

thanks,

Paddy77

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2010-10-22T12:26:09+0000  by Paddy77 Paddy77

Dear Paddy77,

Having a skylight in the master is a wonderful way to bring natural light into your bathroom while maintaining your privacy.  I lived in a house that had one – and you feel like you are in a spa everyday!

It sounds like your project requires some expert skills.  Unfortunately, The Home Depot does not currently offer skylight installation and replacement through our Home Services programs.  Your labor bid may be affected by many factors, including local building codes, roofing issues and warranties, and the scope of your project.

You mentioned that you purchased a Velux skylight.  They have a “Skylight installer locator” resource available on their website (click here).   This will help you find installers of VELUX products closest to you based upon your zip code.  The installers are rated by number of stars (service level) and the types on installations available (skylights, sun tunnels, and blinds & controls).

This link will direct you to more information and buying guide to skylights and additional options you may want to add to your project.

I hope this information helps you.  Please send us photo of your new skylight.

Designing Woman

Posted 2010-10-22T13:54:41+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Awesome, thanks very much for your advice. I'll be sure to post a pic as soon as the project is done!!

Posted 2010-10-22T14:15:16+0000  by Paddy77

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+