Sign In to join the community | Help
Kitchen

Installed a stove, discovered a hole in the wall where gas line is, easy for weather and mice, help!

Hello!

So I installed a gas stove yesterday with a friend and while we had the stove pulled out, there was a hole (good guess would suggest that it was for the gas line, since it runs along with it) that is wider than the gas line by about 2 inches on both sides.  Putting my hand along it, I realized that it is probably, if not definitely why winters in the kitchen have been very cold. 

I would like to take care of this, but I simply do not know how.  What do I use to fill the hole that will keep pests out and the job done properly?  I am *NOT* a handyman by any stretch of the imagination, so if it would be anything beyond a level 1 newbie, then please suggest also who I can call to help take care of this for me.

I greatly appreciate your responses in advance!

Mike

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-08-26T16:57:15+0000  by MikeSmith1 MikeSmith1

Hi Mike,

The easiest way to seal up the hole is to use expanding foam insulation. This will make the area air and water tight.

On the inside use enough foam to fill the area, sand it down and use drywall compound to finish off the repair and paint the wall.

On the outside, you may use stucco patch or of you have wood siding, repair the area as necessary.

Mike,

http://www.homedepot.com/p/GREAT-STUFF-16-oz-Big-Gap-Filler-Insulating-Foam-Sealant-248314/100029171#.UhuV7398CZQ

Posted 2013-08-26T17:58:15+0000  by Mike_HD_OC

Thank you very much! :catvery-happy:

Posted 2013-08-27T23:39:31+0000  by MikeSmith1

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+