Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

Installing a TV mount/rack on a cinder block wall

I want to mount a TV with a Rosewill RHTB-11002 TV mount onto a cinder block wall.  I have a basic all-in-one tool set with a battery-powered drill, so I don't know if that will be enough or whether I need to get something stronger.

I'd like to get this done right on the first time.  My last three home jobs had screwups that ended up costing 5 times what they should have, so I'd rather not lose a new TV in the process.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-11-27T19:57:11+0000  by jugghayd jugghayd

Hello Jugghayd,

Welcome to the community.

I would suggest using Tapcon concrete anchors with washers. They are very easy to use and just as easy to take out when you need to remove the item.

Tapcon Anchor.jpg

I normally use the ones with a hex head since the ones with a Phillips head have a flat head so they would counter sink instead of stay flat with the bracket.

You will need to pre-drill a hole for each anchor. Each package will tell you what size drill bit is needed for that particular size anchor. Some even come with a drill bit included. If not Tapcon sells the corresponding size bits and they are normally right next to the anchors on the same shelf or hanging right next to them.

Tapcon Brill Bit.jpg

I’ve used them to hang many different things and have been very happy with the results. I don’t think you will need to do this project over again if you use Tapcon anchors.:smileywink:

Let me know if you have any other questions. I would love to help.

Posted 2012-11-30T21:47:17+0000  by Christine_HD_OC

I was talking with a coworker about this and he asked me if I thought it was cinder block or plaster wall.  I have no idea.  How would I tell and would it change how I should attach it?

Posted 2012-12-05T20:08:59+0000  by jugghayd

So.... is there any difference on how to mount the rack between a plaster wall and a cinder block wall?

Posted 2012-12-27T16:30:33+0000  by jugghayd

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+