Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

Answered

Installing a vessel sink

I'm looking to purchase the right size vessel sink. The drain line coming out of my wall is 1 1/4". The drain for the vessel sink I purchased is also 1 1/4". Do I need to purchase a sink with the drain hole size of 1 1/4" or can I find one with a drain size hole of 1 1/2"? What I'm trying to ask is will there be an issue fitting a 1 1/4" drain into a vessel drain hole of 1 1/2"?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-03-23T01:52:35+0000  by djriley7 djriley7

Greetings and welcome to our community,

Vessel sinks are a great way to create a new and unique look for your bathroom. As someone who has seen many great installations, I am excited to hear about your project and would like to see how it turns out.

Almost all bath sinks feature a 1 1/2" opening for the drain and the tailpiece reduces to 1 1/4" for the connection to the waste line. Vessel sinks also fall into this standard in the US, and although I have never heard of one there is a chance that a European style or import could vary. I am confident that you will find that the drain assembly you purchased and described will fit fine in your new sink.

At our website there are almost 400 vessel sinks from which to choose. Many of our stores feature an area where several styles are featured, and some stores even have water flowing in them which allows you to see the form and function these beautiful sink/counter combinations create. Lead times vary, and you can place orders from your home or through your local store in the kitchen and bath department. A link follows for your convenience;

http://bit.ly/fOjxNT 

I hope that answers your question, and thanks again for being a part of our community.

Best Answer

Posted 2011-03-23T14:12:20+0000  by HD116
need help installing sink modle 551272 fosset
Posted 2013-11-02T00:34:08+0000  by jack3976
help installing foseett on 551272
Posted 2013-11-02T00:35:30+0000  by jack3976

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+