Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Answered

Installing ceiling fans and pendent lights

Hi,

I am very new at this so kindly bare with me.

I am buying a new home, that  comes with pre wireing for ceiling fans and lights on separate switch. Also I got it pre wired for home theater system and pendent lights for kitchen island.

The problem is I don't know where to go from here. If I decide to install all the fan and lights by myself do I have to cut a hole in the roof drywall or does it come with one like in APTs.

Should I get the equipments installed along with the pre wireing rather than doing it myself or should I just get the prewiring and get a electrical install it for me after I taken possession of the house.

And help is really appreciated

Lisan

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2012-10-11T23:41:11+0000  by lisan lisan

If they are prewiring for a ceiling fan then there should be a ceiling box (in the hole) ion the ceiling, installed where the wires terminate in the ceiling.  You would use that to connect your ceiling fan.   So, you shouldn';t have to cut a hole.  They will have done that during the prewiring.

As far as who to install.  Its not to hard to install a fan. if you want someone else to do it, the Prewiring guy should be able to.

Best Answer

Posted 2012-11-21T03:35:56+0000  by bljcm5

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+