Sign In to join the community | Help
Decor

Installing fireplace tv mount question

Recently I purchased a fireplace wall mount from DynamicMounting.com and I installed an LCD tv over fireplace by attaching a mount and bolting it into the studs. Hung the TV and all was good except wires from the cable box. I tried to run the cable and electrical wires through the wall behind the TV so they cannot be seen. At that time it looked good simple installation until I removed the drywall to install the electrical outlet behind the TV. And then I noticed that the hole behind the TV looks directly into the chimney cavity. The flue is about 15" horizontally from the hole and the hole is about 36" above the fireplace. I would be running about 6" of cable in the cavity.

My Question is that, is it good to install cables in the chimney cavity? we always use fireplace and don't want to end up with melted wires.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-10-25T11:20:12+0000  by Bella8164 Bella8164

Hey Bella8164,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

Since you use the fireplace a lot, I'd say that running your cables in there would not be a good idea. While they do need to be in an open space such as your flue, having them surfaced mounted and ran down the outside of the fireplace would be a safer option.

You can still cover them with Wiremold to hide the wires and paint them to a similar color of your fireplace. They are easy to install and hides the wires better than just leaving them exposed or within the heat of a fireplace.

Click on the image of one below for more information and pricing.

Nonmetallic Raceway, White

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns,

Joseph

Posted 2013-11-02T17:43:58+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+