Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

Installing stud-bar pull-up bar into balcony

I was wondering if someone could advise me as to how to install a pull-up/chin-up bar into a balcony slab. At least I am assuming that bottom is a concrete slab. I tried to hammer a small hanger nail into the bottom of the apartment above's balcony and hit something solid after a cm of stucco. Can I safely mount into this? 

The website for the bar sells a concrete mounting hardware package ridiculously overpriced consisting of, 3/8" lag shields with 3.5" lag bolts. I will upload some pictures of the outside of the balcony, the bottom, and the bar being mounted to help give an idea. Any help would be appreciated. I am a little concerned as last time I mounted a punching bag and a bar in my old house I caused some damage to the roof that I fixed no big deal however I do not want cause any expensive damage to the building I renting from.  

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-01-26T00:08:37+0000  by cconti77 cconti77

Hi conti,

Why don’t you upload some pictures and we'll figure this out.

If the balcony is concrete you can use 3/8" or 1/2" concrete wedge anchors to go into balcony ceiling.

If its wood framed, than you'd need to locate the ceiling support joists (beams) and use the lag screws instead.

What type of railings do you have?

George

Posted 2013-01-28T16:36:13+0000  by George_HD_CHI

Everytime I try and upload a photo this thing freezes. I will try again.

Posted 2013-01-29T16:50:27+0000  by cconti77

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+