Sign In to join the community | Help
Building Materials

Insulation

what product would be best to insulate a steel building? 22 x 36. 7 foot walls, 9 foot peak. 4 x 4 steel framing 4 foot on center.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-11-21T23:23:41+0000  by jcmgarage jcmgarage

Hello jcmgarage and welcome to the community.

I believe the best product to insulate a steel building is polyurethane spray foam Insulation because  it insulates, seals, and prevents or eliminates condensation and is moisture resistant.  Spray foam insulation provides excellent sound control while providing superior fire ratings and fills voids and provides a true monolithic seal.  Foam insulation will form to any shape or surface for a custom fit.  Foam lends structural support and cures in minutes. Depending on the brand the foam will seal against weather, insects and vermin. 

This type of insulation should be painted if exposed to (the sun) UV light to prevent deterioration.

Check your local municipality for fire rating codes.

The size of your structure is approximately 856 square feet.  You would have to subtract the size of the door, unless you plan on insulating that as well. The cost will very dependent on the r-rating you want to achieve and if you do it yourself or have it professionally applied.

If I can be of further assistance please send a email.

Thank you for your inquiry and sorry for the delay my response.

Charlotte

____________________________________________________________________________________

I am a Home Depot Associate trained and authorized to help people on the internet.

Posted 2013-12-19T18:16:24+0000  by Char_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+