Sign In to join the community | Help
Tools & Hardware

Johnson Dot Laser Level

Hello Everyone.  I'm so glad I found these forums.  I am a do it yourself, and even sometimes successful,  work around the home guy.

I have had two laser levels in the last year...both line levels and neither worked very well at all.  I recently purchased a Johnson Dot Level Laser, and there were really no instructions.  I assume the company believes if I buy such an expensive, high tech piece of equipment that I should also know how to use it.

Problem is, I don't really.  I've been searching for days for videos and other help on how to use this level to get the most out of it.  Can anyone help?   Are there any videos I could check out, or even just find some written instructions.

Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks:smileyhappy:

Greg

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-01-19T18:50:19+0000  by GregoryK GregoryK

Hello GregoryK,

First I wanted to welcome you to the Community and let you know the Community is always here to help when you need it.

As far as your question I have your answer. I went directly to the Johnson Manufacture and found your Instruction Manual. Here is the link for the website. It should bring you to the page with the user manuals. All you have to do is find the Dot Laser Levels (top right) and click on your model#. It looks like there are only 3 to choose from. 40-6680, 40-6675, and 40-6670.

Just in case you browse around the site and want to get back to user manuals here is how.

From the home page:

1.       Click on SUPPORT. (Top right.)

2.       Click on VIEW ALL JOHNSON LEVEL MANUALS. (Bottom right box. Under the search box.)

3.       Find your model and click on it.

That should get you to your instruction manual. If you still have questions I would suggest that you just give them a call. The number is at the bottom of the website. The gentleman that I spoke with was very professional and very helpful.

I hope this helps you out with your new toy (tool). To most of us DIYers our tools are our toys. If your anything like me it is so exciting to get a new toy and try to figure out how to use it. Although sometime we all have to actually read a little to figure it out. That doesn't mean that we have to admit it. :smileywink:

Until the next time happy leveling.

Posted 2011-01-19T19:36:41+0000  by Christine_HD_OC

Thanks for your expedient reply.  You are right...it  is a great TOY !

That manual you discussed, unfortunately, only tells you how to check alignment.  It also discusses safety concerns.  Other than that, it gives me no real help as to how to use it or get the most from it.

Its hard to find.  I searched YOU TUBE, Google, everywhere, just cannot get anything.

You are right in calling them.  I just don't know how much help they will give over the phone.

Again thanks so much.  !!

Greg

Posted 2011-01-19T19:44:43+0000  by GregoryK

Ok GregoryK,

I called the Marketing dept of Johnson and they confirmed what you had already figured out. They do not have a how to video created yet for the one your looking for. They told me that they just started to make the videos and have only done a couple of models. I found a few for the Rotary Laser Levels and all of the other videos are just the snippets from their website. I did find a couple of videos from a competitor that might give you a little more help. Try looking on Youtube for the 4 dot laser pointer and that video shows you a couple of different ways to use the dot laser level.

Well let me know if you find a video for it because now you have me wanting to know how to use it. :smileyhappy:

Posted 2011-01-19T20:28:26+0000  by Christine_HD_OC

Thank you so much for your trouble.  I will check out those videos.  I was just playing with it , doing some measuring tests,   At 30 feet, this level on dead-on the mark.  No variance at all, measuring with the center laser and the two on right nd left.  I am very happy with it.  However it does a lot more and thats what I need to learn.

Again thanks for your work.  Will let you know what I find.

Greg

Posted 2011-01-19T21:25:51+0000  by GregoryK

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+