Sign In to join the community | Help
Build & Remodel

Kids kitchen play set

How do I attach a piece of wood that I am using as the oven "door" using a piano hinge? It is going on an old microwave cart and I'm having trouble figuring out where to screw in the other screws.  I attempted to do it and when I went to open the door it wouldn't open all the way.  I don't know where to position it.  Also, what is the best way to attach real stove knobs to my furniture too? 

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-10-28T22:23:20+0000  by upcyclingredo upcyclingredo

Howdy upcylclegredo,

There's a few ways to attach the wooden door using a piano hinge. So let's get started with some easy options to get it done.

Original-Glue.png

1) One easy way is to use some strong adhesive like Gorilla glue to fasten it. This requires having a clamping system to keep it in place till it dries.

f10d7e7e-48ae-42f4-b1a4-6b826c01fc8d_300.jpg

2) Another option is to drill the holes all the way through and using bolts and nuts. This way is a bit more difficult, however there is no need to clamp anything since the bolts are holding the door in place.

As for attaching the stove knobs to your furniture, why not use the Gorilla glue for this too? Let's see some photos of the project and perhaps the Community can come up with some more  ideas for your play set.

Happy Building,

Posted 2013-10-31T20:00:12+0000  by Dave_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+