Sign In to join the community | Help
Plumbing

Kitchen Sink Installation Troubles

Hi,

I installed a new stainless steel kitchen sink and ran into two problems.

1. The sink won't lay flat to the counter on the sides, and I don't have enough room to get clips in.  Is there another way to get it to lay flat to the counter and bond to it to seal it there?

2. My old sink had the drains in the back while the new sink has them centered, this puts my disposal unit laying up against a copper water supply line, bending it outwards, is there a way I could re-route the copper pipes in order to let the disposal hang properly without bending the line?

Thanks!
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-07-06T19:07:04+0000  by Clapboard55 Clapboard55

Hi Clapboard55,

We need to solve the first problem before we tackle the second.

What type of counter top do you have? And what type of sink did you have previously?

If you have a fornmica counter top it may be water damaged causing it to swell and become uneven, this would prevent the sink from laying flat. If the counter top is ok then the plumbing issue may be causing the sink to not sit correctly.

You can reroute the copper plumbing, to work around the disposal, however a different sink that is a closer match to your old sink may be a lot easier solution.

Mike
Posted 2015-07-06T22:27:43+0000  by Mike_HD_OC
Hey Clapboard55,

I think Mike nailed the first part of your question ... inspect the counter for swelling (if Formica) and if the plumbing is holding the sink too high, re-plumb to match the new sink.

And for your second question ... modern water supply lines are flexible stainless steel and attach directly to the Stop. 

Trimming the hard lines back to the Stop and replacing them with flex lines should make quick work of your second problem.

Posted 2015-07-21T14:40:23+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+