Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Kitchen colors

I am painting my kitchen and family room (they are one big room with a step up to the kitchen) I chose Butter Rum for the family room and Pyramid Gold for the kitchen. I am worried they are too dark. I have medium oak cupboards.  I love the warm colors and wondered if I should go lighter. If you've ever been in Panera, those are the colors I love. Also, should I paint the soffit a lighter color of gold or the ceiling color?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-02-20T18:57:17+0000  by boyne4654 boyne4654

Welcome to our community Boyne4654,

My name is Christine and I work in the paint department at The Home Depot in Atlanta.

I took a look at your colors and, in my opinion, I think the colors you have chosen go together really well and are inviting and warm. Personally, I prefer warm colors to cool colors, and it sounds like you do as well.

When choosing a paint, it is important to look at what is already in the room. What color is your furniture? How many windows do you have? Do you get a lot of natural light during the day? What color are the floors? You have already taken in to consideration the color of the cabinets, which is a good thing. If you have dark furniture and no windows darker colors will make the room look darker and smaller. But, if you have dark furniture, dark flooring and giant windows, you can get away with a darker color because you will have a lot of natural light. If you have light colored furniture, light flooring and giant windows, painting a darker color on the wall is a great away to warm up the room. There are a lot of things to consider when picking out a paint color. At the end of the day, you need to go with what will make you happy. After all, you are the one who has to look at it every day. ;)  

As for your soffit, typically people paint them the same color as their ceiling.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else!

Happy Painting!

Christine :)

Posted 2013-02-20T19:38:51+0000  by Christine_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+