Sign In to join the community | Help


Leak underneath floor

I have a leak underneath my floor and it is coming from a tee pvc connection. The pvc is a general grey pvc and the tee is a general grey metal tee. Should I just cut it with a tube cutter, buy the right size, then primer and cement it? I can't tell where the leak is coming from exactly. It just pours down. I thought it best to just replace the area of pvc and metal tee. Any helpful suggestions are appreciated. I have never done any type of plumbing so this is new to me. Thank you.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-08-25T02:12:06+0000  by dhawk39 dhawk39

Thank you for responding. I spoke to some employees at nearby hardware stores and they helped me solve the problem. I guess I should have mentioned that I live in a mobile home and the gray pvc was placed underneath the mobile home just before it was outlawed 20 years ago. The leak is fixed and all is right with the world for now. 

Best Answer

Posted 2013-08-27T03:05:17+0000  by dhawk39

Hi Dhawk39,


Gray PVC is used exclusively for electrical and not for water.


You have a water leak which is migrating into the electrical conduit and poses a major hazard.


Have a plumber come out a.s.a.p. and do a leak test to determine where the water leak is and repair it.


Then have an electrician test and repair the electrical circuit which has the water in it.



Posted 2013-08-26T18:17:09+0000  by Mike_HD_OC
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question