Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Light kit for Minuet II ?

I was recently asked a question from a Community member who needed help with his Hampton Bay Minuet II ceiling fan.

"I am looking for a better light kit for my Hampton Bay Minuet II ceiling fan.  This fan comes with a light fixture that will only accommodate a max. 60 watt light bulb and we need more light in the room.  The model number is 175 582, and the light kit mount is approx. 3-1/4" in diameter.  Do you know if there is a light kit available for this model that will hold 2 or three bulbs, or at least a higher wattage than 60w?"

My response:

The Hampton Bay Minuet II Ceiling Fan came supplied with a light kit that uses one (1) CFL bulb.  The manufacturer confirmed that there is no other light kit available for the Minuet II and that the maximum wattage is 60 watts.  The newer Hampton Bay Minuet III ceiling fan also uses a single 13W CFL (60 watt) in that light kit. 

I understand that you need more light on your room.  Can you add a floor and/or table lamp (or two) in the room for task lighting?  Is track lighting an option?  Flameless candles and tap lights may add some targeted light for specific areas in the room.

Best wishes on your project. 

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-05-03T13:22:05+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL Eileen_HD_ATL

Topic
Categories+