Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Lighting an Unlit China Hutch

I have a small china cabinet and hutch.  I would like to light the hutch with LED lights. What is the best way to do this project?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-05-05T07:57:17+0000  by lindaroze lindaroze

Hey lindaroze,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community!

lighting your hutch with LED lights is a great way to go! It's slendor and bright white colors are easier to install than the older and hotter temperature halogen counterparts.

One LED strip I really like is by CabLED, you can click on the image of it below to find out more information.

6 ft. LED Ribbon Light Indoor/Outdoor Starter Kit

As with any undercabinet style lighting, you'll need to plan on where the cord with enter the china cabinet hutch.

You may or may not need to cut a hole into the back of the cabinet, but you'll have to plan it out to see.

As for the kit, I showed above, it has everything you need except for the tools for installation. Below is a screenshot from the video showing its components up close.

CabLED accessories in kit.jpg

While there are other LED strips we carry online and in our store, I like CabLED's kit, because that's what it is, all in one kit. Other strip LED's we carry sometimes require you to buy multiple expensive pieces, but not with CabLED.

I've used this system before in our store, and my favorite feature is the in line dimmer. So for your hutch, I think having the light turned down low would look great on certain occasions.

Let us know if you have any additional questions, I hope this works out for you using the CabLED system.

Cheers,
Joseph

Posted 2013-05-11T21:06:13+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+