Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Lost ceiling fan remote?

Hi- not sure if this is the right area.....

I have a hampton bay ceiling fan that my 2 year old lost the remote for.  The issue is that the fan was turned off with the remote so I can't get the fan to work now.  Is there anyway to reset the fan so I can use the pull chain?

Thanks,

CE

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-05-12T23:23:24+0000  by ceharris ceharris

Hello ceharris.  Welcome to the Home Depot Community!

Sorry to hear about the lost remote control.  Unfortunately I know of no way to “reset” the receiver without having an operating remote control transmitter.  You do have a couple of options though.

First would be to simply buy a new remote and set the dip switches to match the pattern on the receiver inside the fan.  The new unit will now operate the fan just as the old lost one did.

Second would be to remove the receiver and wire the fan directly to the house wiring so that it would operate with the pull chain.

I hope this helps,

Newf

Posted 2011-05-13T14:02:52+0000  by Chris_HD_CHI

I have the same problem, only my kids are much older...  Anyway, I went to my local Home Depot store and discovered I could only purchase the replacement remote I need bundled with a transmitter.  Can I just by the remote without the new transmitter?

Posted 2011-06-13T20:39:40+0000  by kacystamps

Hi there Kacystamps, I'm BlakeTheDiyGuy. Newf is not in today. Unfortunately you are correct that remotes can only be purchased as a remote control kit which includes the reciever. 

But be sure you put that reciever in a safe place, you never know when you might need one in the future. 

-Blake

Posted 2011-06-20T20:41:54+0000  by BlakeTheDiyGuy
Lost ceiling fan remote. Hunter model 27227. I realized the remote in the other room works for the ceiling fan that I lost remote too. If I just buy the same model remote, can I just take it out of package and it works or do I have to do something to it? Thx Doreen
Posted 2013-05-10T11:03:38+0000  by DoreenBG123

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+