Sign In to join the community | Help
Building Materials

Low Slope Roof

I live in Denver, Co and am looking to have my garage roof replaced. 

It is a detached, two car garage with a low slope roof.

Does it need a weather barrier underlayment?

For rolled roofing is the torch method the best ( or only) method?

What method and materials do you recommend? 

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2017-08-16T18:03:12+0000  by las62 las62

Hello las62 and welcome to the Community.

Torch down roofing is a very good roofing material but not a DIY project and requires qualified experienced professionals.  Torch Down is not usually used on small residential applications.

The more common material for a project like yours is a mineral or granular surface low slope roll roofing. Two products are available in this category.  They can be install with or without a underlayment material.

Owens/Corning Mineral Surfaced Rolled Roofing is the economical solution for any low-sloped roofing project. Long lasting product as it is constructed of a hardworking Fiberglas mat. Apply Mineral Surfaced Rolled Roofing over wood decks when incline is not less than 1 in. per ft. The deck must drain freely at all points.  Here is a link to the installation instructions

Liberty SBS Self-Adhering Cap Sheet is a durable, modified bitumen membrane designed and manufactured to meet industry and code requirements. The product is designed for use as a waterproofing membrane and is reinforced with a polyester mat, which is coated with a polymer-modified asphalt. Liberty systems are applied without torches, open flames, hot asphalt, or messy solvent-based adhesives and are suitable for primed plywood decks and many other substrates.  Here is the LINK to their installation instructions.

To best describe the process and materials for installing granular low slope roof, I wanted to direct to a VIDEO from GAF Liberty Granular low slope roofing.

See the variety of Roll roofing products at the Home Depot web site.

Thank you for your inquiry.

Charlotte

Posted 2017-08-17T14:15:14+0000  by Char_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+