Sign In to join the community | Help
Bath & Faucets

MOEN FAUCET REPAIR

I HAVE A SINGLE LEVER MOEN KITCHEN FAUCET.  I REPLACED THE CARTRIDGE BECAUSE THE FAUCET WAS HARD TO OPERATE.  NOW THE FAUCET WORKS VERY SMOOTHLY, EXCEPT THE WATER CONTINUES TO RUN APPROX. 2 SECONDS AFTER THE FAUCET IS TURNED OFF.  WHAT IS THE SOLUTION?  I DIDN'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM BEFORE.  DON

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-03-21T15:39:40+0000  by MYMOENFAUCET MYMOENFAUCET

Hello MYMOENFAUCET and welcome to The Community!  We are glad that you are here.

Since there is only a 2 second time when the water continues to run (not a continuous drip), consider several possible reasons for the run:

1. Depending upon the model and style of the single handle kitchen faucet, there may be residual water in the spout.

2. There may be some debris in the aerator.  Unthread the aerator, from the faucet, use an old toothbrush or similar object to remove the debris, rinse, and then rethread.

As a precaution, check under the sink for any possible drips or leaks that could be causing additional concerns.

Please keep us posted on your progress.

DW.png

Posted 2013-03-22T16:24:54+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

I tried your suggestions and even ran the faucet with the aerator off.  Faucet stills drips for 2 seconds after turning water off.  Thanks for your help.  I'll keep trying. 

Posted 2013-03-23T17:58:29+0000  by MYMOENFAUCET

Hello again MYMOENFAUCET. Thanks for confirming that the aerator is not the source of the drip. 

The continued dripping issue may be located in the handle.  Remove the handle and operate the cartridge manually (pull straight up and down).  If the water continues to flow for 2 seconds (down) as it has been since the cartridge was replaced, then the handle mechanism is not properly seated.  Adjust the handle and test for dripping.

If this does not stop the drip, you may need to contact MOEN directly at 1-800-289-6636 and provide the model number for more detailed assistance.  If you are the original owner, the faucet may still be under warranty.  Best wishes on your project. 

Posted 2013-03-26T17:58:06+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+