Sign In to join the community | Help
Build & Remodel

MS International stone veneer

Hi everyone...I am looking to install the MS International real stone veneer on an interior wall and have a few questions. I am only planning on going about 5 feet up the wall and about 5 feet wide so I do not think weight should be a problem. I am planning on making the accent "stand off the wall" about 2 inches. 1 inch for the product itself and I was going to screw 2 layers of 1/2" hardie board to the wall and cover with a scratch coat of thinset. I think you are supposed to wet and back butter all pieces for the install but I am not possitive. Would like anyone's thoughts on any part of my plan. Thanks for your help! 

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-12-05T11:15:24+0000  by Chris7 Chris7

Hello Chris7 and welcome to the Community.

MS International has on their web site an installation guide for veneer stone which I have included.  I will also link you directly to MS International's web site.  As you will see they suggest using wire lath on the wall before applying your scratch coat on.  I will also include a video illustrating how to apply veneer stone.

If I can be of more assistance please let me know.

Charlotte

_________________________________________________________________________________

I am a Home Depot Associate trained and authorized to help people on the internet.

Posted 2013-12-05T18:43:41+0000  by Char_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+