Sign In to join the community | Help
Our Workshops

March 2018 Kids Workshop

Every month I feel that the Kids Workshop at the West Roxbury, Ma, Home Depot is a special event, but the 2018 March, Periscope KW, had such a positive, fun, vibe it truly was super special!

I am not sure if it was because the “Periscope Project” brought back so many memories for the adults at the workshop, or that a periscope was a totally new concept for some of the tiny builders, or just maybe the prospects of becoming a super sleuth, the appeal for this project was like no other I had ever assisted with.

The periscope kit was not easy to assemble it took; glue, twelve nails and precise component line up for assembling, and if the wood pieces were not a perfectly lined up the mirrors would not fit….uggg! Many tiny builders and their adult partners learned how to use the claw part of the hammer on Saturday morning; it was a learning experience for all.

The pounding hammers were non-stop while well over a hundred and thirty children and their adult assistants stopped by the West Roxbury, HD, Kids Workshop.

Once the project was completed, the adults were just as anxious as the kids were to try the periscope…there were giggles and amazement from everyone.

It was fun project all around…. fun around every corner that is. J

Peek at upcoming Kids Workshops, there will be fun; learning and great times around every single corner…stop by the first Saturday of the month, bring your favorite little builder and see for yourself, the scope of fun is immeasurable!

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2018-03-06T16:48:51+0000  by Maureen_HD_BOS Maureen_HD_BOS