Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Martha Stewarts Precious Metals

Greetings, I am a new homeowner getting ready to paint my livingroom ceiling. I came across Martha Stewarts Precious Metals. I have high slanted ceilings and am thinking of sponge painting the color golden pearl. It matches the details I have of wallpaper I put up. I have tried sponging the paint on and I think it looks great. So my question is do I need a base color put on before applying the golden pearl? And if so, what shade of a base coat. I noticed there is a silver and gold base coat in mettallic would this be ideal for a base coat? or should it be a color in eggshell? Thanks in advance.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-07-24T05:29:33+0000  by Dionan Dionan

A base coat of eggshell will help amplify the contrast between the two sheens. 

There are a couple of options to consider:

1. Base coat with a color similar to the Precious Metals color and let dry.  Then sponge over the top with the Precious Metals paint.  This will provide a wonderful subtle contrast that looks different from every angle.
  2. Base coat with a color that accents the Precious Metals and your décor (like furniture, curtains, picture frames, etc…).  

c8f3bc414978b3108e1654f35982.jpeg

Take q quick glance at the room and notice the first color that jumps out at you. That’s usually the overall accent color you would want to use.

Being that you are addressing the ceiling – you may want to consider the first option so as to not draw too much attention upwards.

Hope this helped you out.  Post pictures of the finished project.

paiintpro.JPG

Posted 2011-07-24T14:20:55+0000  by Kevin_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+