Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Matching Paint from Receipt

I brought a wall sample in the other day, and they matched it. I need more, but forgot the sample and the can to work.. I do have the receipt .  Can I use the receipt to have them make me another gallon?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-04-11T16:21:29+0000  by knoxduder knoxduder

Hello knoxduder,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community.

While the receipt can track down the type of paint it was by sheen and brand, it unfortunately will not have the custom formula on it. 

You will need to have the paint formula on hand for them to do an exacting match, to guarantee it to transfer over to a gallon.....as one option.

The only other possible way to check to see if they have the formula still in the system is if the paint was matched in the past 10 days, and they can possibly look it up at the paint counter in their 'inactive queue' lookup.

However, this lookup pertains to the store where the paint was tinted at and within the past 10 days.

If the store is busy and has mixed a lot of paint in that time, it can be found, but somewhat daunting to look it up.

You can do that option, or just bring in another sample....but that requires you to go home anyway, which means you could grab the can....making that point moot.

So, you can come in the store and have the paint desk check the past 10 days of tinting that has occurred. If you have fallen under this, then you can successfully get your custom tint in a gallon. Just remember the day and time when it was produced for a match.

Best of luck, and let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Joseph

Posted 2016-04-11T17:17:46+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL
Absolutely knoxduder,

The receipt has a time stamp that identifies the day and approximate time when your paint was mixed.

It does not, however, tell us anything about your formula other than the UPC code of the container.

Ask your Paint Associate to use the 10-day lookup to identify the time, product, and size container.

If you can remember who helped you, their initials should also appear among this historical information.

Once they open the historical label it should say "Custom Color Match," which will also help. 

So, as Joe indicates, it is very easy to look up as long as it hasn't been more than ten-days since it was mixed.

NOTE:
The label on your can of color matched paint is the only other way to accurately reproduce the color.

Creating a new color match from the sample will be similar to the original color match, but may not be exactly the same.

Hope this helps,

Pat InPaint

Posted 2016-04-13T15:43:17+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+