Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

Multiple Ceiling Fans in one room. Can one remote control all of them

I bought four Chateau Devile Ceiling fans, Hampton Bay. for a big room.

I want them all controled by one remote.

Can this be done correctly?

I think the fan will not be a challenge.  Due to individual buttons for on/off and speed control

But light has only one button.

Will they get off synch, say if one fan does not get the signal from the romote?

Ex:  Can one fan's light end up brighter that than the others?

Or is that controlled at the Remote?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-11-14T17:07:48+0000  by restore1867 restore1867

Or What-if:

Set all four fans on the Same code and the remotes on the same code and mount the remotes at different spots in the room.

So I can control at different spots.

Will they stay in synch?

Posted 2013-11-14T17:56:38+0000  by restore1867

Hey restore1867.

Weather you have 1 remote controlling 4 fans or 4 remotes with the same code, controlling 4 fans, it will be chaos, like herding cats.

If 1 fan does get out of sync then it will be nearly impossible to correct. Give each fan its own remote and its own code. Mount the remotes side by side on the wall and label them 1, 2, 3, 4 and let that be that.

The fans in my house do not always respond with the first push of a button. The dimmer capability with these fans will also help add to the chaos of 1 universal code and/or remote.

When I put up my second fan with a remote, I left the codes on the default setting, just to find that once it was up in the living room that it also controlled the bed room fan. I learned that no good would have come of this even if they were in the same room. I then went back up to the transmitter and changed its code as well as the remote.

Posted 2013-11-14T18:46:02+0000  by Ingar_HD_ATL

Hey restore1867.

Only 7 months late with this response. Don't know how we slipped through the cracks with this question. By now you may have found that 4 remotes sharing the same code is absolute chaos. They will not stay in sync and only lead to disappointment.

Posted 2014-06-15T19:15:38+0000  by Ingar_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+