Sign In to join the community | Help
Install & Replace

Multiple Hampton Bay Fans

I have two Hampton Bay fans controlled by one wall/electric box remote.

It appears the lights on the two fans are out of sync.  I press the green light button and one fan turns on and the other turns off.  The light button appears to be a toggle so how do I get them both sync'd to go on and off at the same.  Note dip switch settings are all the same and the remote communicates to the fans.
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-05-23T16:04:32+0000  by awestgarth awestgarth

Hi awestgarth,

Thanks for your question and welcome to the community.

If this just happened, and you didn't have issues before, the problem may likely lie in having a bad receiver on one of your fans.

You can attempt to turn off the power to the fans and switch via the circuit breaker feeding it, and reset everything. Additionally, you can use a multimeter to see if power is fully going after the receiver that is affected.

If this doesn't work, I'd advise you to get in touch with Hampton Bay with their phone number shown before. Be sure to have the information of the wall remote and fans via their UPC/SKU/Model number on the units before you call.

Usually in situations like this, it's more of replacement rather than repair to get your fan's controls working again.

In either case, contact Hampton Bay in the number above first to get the best assistance directly from them.

Let us know if this has assisted you.

Joseph

Posted 2016-05-23T18:28:00+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+