Sign In to join the community | Help
Heating & Cooling

My Hampton bay light won't turn off

I'm not sure what is happening but my light absolutely will not turn off. Considering it's interrupting my sleep right now I'm pretty livid at this moment.

This isn't the first time this brand of ceiling fan has given us trouble and I'm not sure what the fix is for this fan, if it can be fixed at all, but if I do end up having to replace it, I will absolutely NOT buy this brand ever again.

This ceiling fan is relatively new and the fact that it has already broken down is extremely frustrating as it seems this product is cheaply made.

Will NOT be buying or recommending this product to a friend. My older Hampton bay fan had a better, stronger looking, albeit larger, remote, this one looks like flimsy plastic that's made to break.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-12-12T12:26:14+0000  by Meg92 Meg92

Hello Meg92 and thank you for joining The Community.  We are glad that you are here.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing with this ceiling fan.  Our Hampton Bay team can help you diagnose the problem and get the light on your ceiling fan under control.  They are here to help from start to finish - call them at 1-877-527-0313 and select option 2.

First you will need to identify which ceiling fan that you have for fastest assistance.  Since the ceiling fan is new, can you retrieve the model and SKU (6 digit number) from the original packaging or from your sales receipt?  Alternatively, you can locate the 12 digit UPC code (all numbers – no letters) found on the sticker on top of the motor housing.  This will identify the exact model and manufacturer of the fan.  (Please take care when removing the ceiling fan:  Be sure to switch off the correct breaker first and use a ladder on a level surface that will support your weight plus the weight of the ceiling fan.)

The Hampton Bay team will get to the source of the problem and help resolve the issues with the light.

Best wishes on your project. 

Eileen script.png

Posted 2013-12-13T17:26:19+0000  by Eileen_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+