Sign In to join the community | Help
Lawn & Garden

My Lemon Tree

My Lemon tree is half dead and half alive, producing brown spotted lemons.  If not picked immediately, they shribble up.  What's wrong with my tree?
Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2015-03-20T17:01:18+0000  by Yolei Yolei

Hi Yolei.

Thank you for your question and welcome to our community.

What is your zip code?  Out here on the West Coast one of our biggest issues with citrus trees is watering.  A mature in the ground Citrus tree likes to be drenched at the drip line.  This takes about 20 – 30 minutes to accomplish when done properly and will need to be done about once every 7-10 days depending on the season and condition of your tree.  Many homeowners have made the mistake of surrounding their citrus or fruit tree with concrete and only leaving about 2-3 feet of soil exposed.  This works out fine until the tree starts to grow and the drip line extends beyond the edge of the circle.

Aerating al around the drip line is also important.  This process will allow the water to percolate down into the ground and reach the feeder roots.  Citrus trees do best in a sandy, well-drained soil which does not hold water very readily.

Aerating for large areas will be easier with an aerating machine:

Send in some pictures of your fruit tree if you can and please let us know if you have any further questions.

Rick_HD_OC

Posted 2015-03-20T20:06:03+0000  by Rick_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+