Sign In to join the community | Help
Build & Remodel

My boyfriend and I are thinking about finishing our basement and using FRB but can we paint it?

Okay, I was thinking that the easiest way to finish the walls in our basement would be to use an adhesive and apply FRB board to the cinderblock. My question is will we be able to paint it? How do I fill the gaps in the board to make it smooth so that it doesn't show after being painted. I've never really done any home improvement myself but am eager to learn so any help would be appreciated.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-01-15T20:58:09+0000  by Dearest_D Dearest_D

Hello Dearest_D,

Welcome to the community.

It will work out just fine using adhesive to attach the FRP panels to the wall, just make sure that you get the correct adhesive. If you don’t you might run into trouble since some adhesives will melt the FRP panels.

I would use a paintable caulking to fill the joints. Most of the crack fillers will not adhere to the plastic so I think the caulking will work just fine. Apply it to the crack and then smooth it with a wet finger. This will give you a very smooth line.

We had a very similar question on the community the other day and they were putting up paneling to the walls in the basement so our expert FlyingHDSod gave them some suggestions on how to adhere it to the walls. Here is the link to that post so you can read through it. It might give you some other ideas on how you might want to finish your basement walls.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I would love to help.

Posted 2013-01-18T23:45:25+0000  by Christine_HD_OC

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+