Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Need a color for a hall that connects 2 bedrooms already painted

My toddler's bedroom was painted Behr Hopeful (pink) and my middle daughter's room is painted Behr Caribbean Coast (lighter blue).  Each room is at the end of a small hall.  What color do I paint the hall, which can be seen from my living room and is a vanilla color for now, that will connect these 2 colors together?  I'm a fall palette girl and do not like anything bright.  However, my entire house is currently vanilla and it's driving me nuts.  I need some color, just not bright and bold.  We let the girls pick their own room colors and now I gotta make it work with the rest of my wanted fall palette color scheme.  The pink bedroom is also visible from the main part of the house.

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2013-03-14T17:29:40+0000  by krissyjawn krissyjawn

Hello KrissyJawn!

Thanks for joining The Community!

I would recommend two options that are cool colors:

1) Rain Washed 500E-3, a slightly lighter cool blue/gray that will not be too dark in your hallway; and

2) Ocean Kiss 510E-3, a slightly darker cool green/gray that matches the tones in your existing colors.

One option that is off-white:

3) Ash White W-F-520 is off-white with a hint of grey that will pull your existing colors together well.

Grays are the "new neutrals" but may simply be more of the same ... more off-white in an existing off-white home.

And, two options that are tan colors:

4) Ralph Lauren Safari Tan TH204, a warm tan that will be striking and complement your existing colors well; and

5) Ralph Lauren Sisal VM298, a neutral tan with a lean toward grey.

In my opinion, Safari Tan is your best options for bringing fall into that hallway!

FINALLY

Because you have several options: 1) review the paper color chips, 2) settle on two that you prefer, and 3) take home half-pint samples of the colors you select before purchasing paint for your hallway.

Posted 2013-03-14T19:32:12+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Thank you, Pat!  I really like the first 2 options.  I am not much for tans, but love the greys :)  I've got an entire house to paint, so I'm sure you'll be hearing from me again!

Posted 2013-03-14T19:54:26+0000  by krissyjawn

Outstanding KrissyJawn!

On the Behr color board:

1) Move left to right across the board to increase blue or grey saturation; and

2) Move up or down to go lighter or darker.

I love allowing your family to choose colors for their space.

The trick is the next step ... building complementary colors around those unique selections!

Have Fun!!!

Posted 2013-03-14T20:03:46+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+