Sign In to join the community | Help
Flooring

Need advise on choosing a kitchen floor.

I am looking to replace the ceramic tile in my kitchen that is dingy, cold, and cracking. I have 3 children, 2 dogs and a cat that all use the kitchen door to the outside regularly. It is a very high traffic area. I love the grey wood look and wanted to go with some kind of laminate or vinyl plank flooring. I want the most durable flooring I can get to stand up to the destructive force that is my family. I was leaning towards the Pergo outlast+. Can you please steer me in the right direction so I can get something that will look good for a long time?

Thank you,

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2016-12-12T14:29:28+0000  by JoshH JoshH

Hey JoshH,

Thanks for joining us here on the community.

I recently authored a post on here regarding Pergo Outlast+ laminate flooring. 

Considering your family and pets use the floor a lot, using it or a high-quality vinyl plank flooring system like Allure Ultra is a great choice for price and durability. Both options are extremely easy to install and still look good as you requested.

Beyond that, it's just personal choice in terms of which one to pick. Both have similar warranties for residential use and high quality features to hold up for a very long time in your kitchen.

No matter which of the 2 options you pick, install the planks exactly per the manufacturer's instructions, and make sure where the walls meet the floor will not have moisture seeping into it...i.e. if a dishwasher spills, mopping, or wet feet.

To do this, it's recommended to seal where the quarter round moulding on the floor's edges where it meets it via silicone caulking. It blocks any moisture and water from seeping through, which can lead to damage on the subfloor.

Let us know which option you pick and any further questions you may have.

Joseph

Posted 2016-12-12T19:07:27+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL
Does the durability go down if you go from the outlast plus to the XP collection? 
Posted 2016-12-13T16:07:46+0000  by JoshH

The features are a little less on the Outlast+ versus the XP. If you really have a lot of foot traffic and busy paws and humans there, I'd lean more towards the Outlast+ personally.\\

Posted 2016-12-24T22:13:52+0000  by Joseph_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+