Sign In to join the community | Help
Decor

Need decorating suggestions for a log cabin

Here's a question about decor from an Apron blog reader. It's not your usual decor question, though.

Kathleen writes:

I live in an old log cabin with unfinished wood walls (…ceilings, floors…). I would love to add some color but I have had a hard time finding any examples or guidance on the subject.

Got any ideas?

So, what does one do to spruce up a log cabin? I'd hang a musket near the door, and dry meat from the ceiling. But that might not be the look Kathleen is going for. 

Ideas?

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2014-01-27T15:29:06+0000  by HomeDepotCraig HomeDepotCraig

BEHR has some great resources for "visualizing" colors and getting inspiration.

The COLOR SMART app within the BEHR.com site gives the ability to pick a color and add a color (or colors) to a room that is similar to your existing room.  Almost like painting it without the mess.

They also have an INSPIRATION page with galleries of already painted and decorated rooms.  Both these tools are great for jump starting any decorating endeavors and are fun to play with.

Capture.JPG

Posted 2014-01-27T15:46:14+0000  by Kevin_HD_ATL
Hello Craig and Kathleen!

Whoa Craig ... "dry meat hanging from the ceiling?!?"

Why don't we redirect her to the thread on "Civilized Man Caves?"

The links there will take her to several of Glidden's "Top 10 Color" palettes.

Since the wood is exposed, she could use solid color stain which will absorb into the wood while adding both color and water proofing.

Kathleen,

Please be certain to come back for either more help or to simply share your color choices with The Community.

Pat InPaint
Posted 2014-04-22T22:54:33+0000  by Pat_HD_ATL

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+