Sign In to join the community | Help
Paint

Answered

Need help Please

I bought a new house. The kitchen had wallpaper I pealed it off and now I don't know what to do. The wall has scratches, couple of little holes, and its dry wall. I would like to paint it a solid color but I don't want all the scratches and holes to show Please help

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question
Posted 2011-07-29T02:32:54+0000  by ahlam ahlam

Hi there ahlam,

Welcome to the community!~

Great to hear that you've already tackled the beast that is wallpaper removal = D That can be such a tedious job, so the worst is definitely over!

How big are the holes that we're talking about? Small screw/nail holes, or doorknob size holes?

For your average scratch or ding, spackling works great.

The two products above work great for doing just that. I myself am partial to the drydex, since it's really DIY friendly to use. When you apply it, it goes on pink and then dries white when it's ready to be sanded = )

Apply those in the holes and dings that you have using a putty knife. Make sure to get the hole filled up as best as you can and don’t leave a whole lot extra caked on…it just means more work later.

Once it’s dry (or turned white in the case of the product I showed you), then you are ready to sand. I traditionally use a finishing sand-block, but you can also use anything around 120-grit. Just lightly sand the area to make it flush with the rest of the wall, removing the excess spackle.

When you have that, make sure to prime the wall before you paint over it. It’s a really, really important step because the spackle absorbs the paint very quickly and if it isn’t primed properly--you may be able to see your spot later.

A paint and primer or a good latex type primer such as a Kilz will work just fine for doing your priming, and then you can paint away = )

Hope this helps with your repair. If you have any other questions, let me know!~

Best Answer

Posted 2011-07-29T13:33:22+0000  by Jay_HD_CHI

Hi! I'm a paint/garden associate for Home Depot, I recommend Behr Premium Plus Ultra, although it's a little more expensive than regular paint, it lasts longer! Plus it already has primer mixed so you're saving money there! It's also #1 consumer rated! Good luck!

Posted 2011-07-30T21:00:39+0000  by rjs4697

Hey rjs4697,

Great suggestion! The Ultra paint can definitely make quick work of the job =D

Good to see some other associates on here sharing their knowledge, look forward to seeing more answers from you on here!~

Posted 2011-08-04T14:46:22+0000  by Jay_HD_CHI

Not what you were looking for ? Try posting a question

Topic
Categories+